Welcome to my Blog

 Welcome to my first blog post! I would like to provide some information about myself and my life. 

My name is Aries Catalogna and I am a current 2nd-year college student at CSCC. I am majoring in Early Childhood Education with a minor in Creative Writing. My plan is to get my associate's at CSCC and transfer to OU to further my degree in Education and precisely in English Language arts Education and Creative Writing. Columbus State was not the only schooling I have done. I also did two semesters at Otterbein University in Zoo and Conservation Science to further my high school education in Animal Science. During high school, I kept myself rather busy with clubs, organizations, and classes. By my senior year, I had been in musical theatre for seven years and advanced music classes for eight. Other than music, I was also included in FCCLA, FFA, Creative writing, STEM, and many more sciences. In FFA, I started out my sophomore year as the Treasurer and was able to finish out my senior year as Treasurer of our school's FFA Organization. While FFA was going on, I also found my time being shared with FCCLA. Where I started out my Junior year in office as Secretary and by my senior year, I was voted to be the President. 

The reason that I wanted to become a teacher is to share my love of teaching with my students. In middle school, I experienced bullying for the longest time. The only one that I felt was truly there for me was my English teacher. She took me in and made me feel comfortable not only in the classroom but also where my fears filled me. She reminded me of what an amazing woman I would turn out to be and that bullies just wanted to put me down because they were sad about something they are dealing with. Throughout my whole school experience, I have always kept in touch with that teacher and still do to this day. Once I graduated I realized how quickly I wanted to be just like her. I wanted a teacher that would make her students feel comfortable enough to talk to me and come to me for assistance. I want to allow them to feel safe and loved even in the school atmosphere because not all students get love when they go home. 

Other than in-school activities, I also contributed to many activities outside of school. This included being a jack of all trades and continuously learning new things. My hobbies include but are not limited to, reading, writing, archery, painting, singing, songwriting, gardening, cooking, tutoring, and taking nature walks. 

Comments

  1. Nice to meet you Aries!
    Your blog is created beautifully and sounds like we have similar personalities-- SO COOL! I too like to write, read, play music and enjoy the outdoors (like "Ferdinand" as my students call me). What books and music are you into?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts